Professional Graphite Solutions
An overview on our activities could be found here.
Welcome to ProGraphite GmbH
Your Specialist for Natural Graphite
ProGraphite GmbH offers professional expertise in natural graphite and other carbon products. This expertise has been acquired during several decades of working in the graphite industry worldwide. Based on this experience, ProGraphite is able to support you in a wide range of graphite issues.
Our business activities include:
- CONSULTING services concerning natural graphite
- LABORATORY services in our own lab, covering both: standardized quality tests and analysis as well as specific process tests and analysis
- GEOLOGICAL AND MINERALOGICAL SERVICES for graphite and other minerals
- TRADING with graphite and other carbon products
Based on our longtime experience we are able to support you in most aspects of your graphite project according to your specific requirements. We offer support from the beginning - like deposit exploration- until the operation of a regular production plant for natural graphite.
Independent evaluations as well as individual studies worked out by our team guarantee a profound processing and presentation of the acquired data for you and your partners.
We support you in planning and implementing your graphite projects – professional, sustainable and forward-looking:
- Input for adequate exploration
- Planning input for production plants for natural graphite, e.g. state of the art flotation plants as well as for advanced plants like production facilities for spherical graphite (for Lithium-ion-batteries)
- Support in R&D for graphite innovations
- Tailor made research like/including market studies or pricing models for your specific product range
- Independent evaluations and analysis of the potentials of junior graphite projects as well as of existing production plants
- Development of sustainable strategies for junior graphite projects as well as for existing graphite companies
- Independent evaluations for banks or investors e.g. of scoping or feasibility studies
- Cooperation with leading institutes and companies in Europe, China, Australia and America; we can support you in an efficient way to find suitable partners for your process development, engineering etc.
In our laboratory we provide a wide range of tests according to common graphite industry standard. For special tasks, like X-ray diffraction analysis, we cooperate with leading laboratories and institutes.
We examine the quality characteristics and capabilities of your graphite materials in full detail. Further, we can check the behavior of the raw material in common process steps used in the graphite industry. Based on our longtime operating experience in the graphite sector worldwide, we offer you a competent clarification and interpretation of the data and results obtained – together with recommendations on possible applications, this generates a valuable input for your graphite projects.
We can produce high-quality samples from your graphite material according to industry standard or tailor-made samples for special costumer requirements – a helpful service for ideal presentation of your graphite products.
- Processing of established quality assurance for graphite in our own laboratory
- Performance of in-house testwork for a wide range of metallurgical processes including flotation, and preparation of expandable graphite etc.
- Evaluation of your graphite material based on tests, in order to find out whether your raw material is suitable for common processing procedures in the industry
- Development of a range possible applications for your specific graphite material
- Planning, implementation and supervision/monitoring of specific tests of your material in laboratories or pilot plants of external institutes
- Sample preparation service: Manufacturing of customary samples from your material
- Geological desktop studies and data search, data compilation and review, scoping studies for graphite and other raw materials
- Geological mapping and sampling, field work
- Petrographic and geochemical analysis of ore,host rocks, concentrates and tailings
- Additional mineralogical analyses (SEM, MLA, XRD etc.) via external labs but competent evaluation of data and results included
- Technical reporting
Due to our extensive experience in the fields of carbon- and graphite-products, we offer a high-quality portfolio of various graphite materials. We focus on innovative products and graphite specialties like graphite-nanoplatelets, spherical graphite etc.
Additionally, we support customers and retailers/merchants to jointly work out the optimal graphite type and grade for their specific projects.
Our portfolio of products covers:
- spherical graphite, Graphite nanoplatelets (GNP), expandable graphite etc.
- High-quality products from Graphexel Ltd. (www.graphexel.com); ProGraphite GmbH is the appointed sales agent for Graphexel within the German speaking market
Graphite is non-toxic, chemically inert and ecologically friendly. Additional characteristics of graphite are high electric and thermic conductivity, excellent lubricity and an extreme temperature shock resistance. These characteristics and various others make natural and synthetic graphite a widely used material nowadays. Yet, graphite is also a useful, not to say essential component of various future-oriented and trendsetting technologies.
One of the fastest growing application is the use of graphite as anode material in Lithium-Ion-batteries, e.g. for electric driven cars or for domestic electricity storage systems (ESS). Here, graphite offers a substantial input to reduce global CO2 emission.
ProGraphite GmbH possesses extensive know-how on the use of natural graphite in Lithium-Ion-batteries.
The ProGraphite Team
The ProGraphite team affiliates interdisciplinary professionals who follow one passion: Carbons – with a focus on graphite. Conjoint we have several decades of professional experience in the graphite and raw materials business. The founder of ProGraphite,Mr. Christoph Frey (MSc), was employed in executive positions by the leading European natural graphite miner and processor in Germany and China during many years and served/serves the board of graphite companies in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Brazil, Sri Lanka, China and Australia.
He worked for various natural graphite projects in Africa, Europe, China, Madagascar, Russiaand Sri Lanka and visited natural graphite companies around the globe.
Further details can be found on LinkedIn. ›› LinkedIn Profile
Mrs. Fiona Reiser (Geologist, MSc.) joined ProGraphite in 2017, after working more than five years as a geologist and project assistant for a globally active graphite company. Before working in graphite business, she dedicated herself to scientific research projects in Portugal and Germany, focused, e.g. on certain high-technology elements (In, Ge), related mineral deposits and geochemical as well as microstructural analysis methods (EPMA, SEM, Micro-PIXE) of ores and other geomaterials.
Economic research is led by Dr. Lisa Lackner-Frey, who holds a Ph.D. degree in public economics, which facilitates to do research with a broader view and also includes subordinated subjects like country risks of raw material sources.
Our team is complemented with specialized and dedicated team members for our lab and shop activities
Customer satisfaction ranks first. This is what our actions are focused on. Our aim is to find the optimal solution for our customers – and to realize this solution. We are committed to dealing transparently and fairly with our employees, customers and partners.
Telefon — +49 8593 9383 188
Mobile — +49 160 7586 976